CAR CRAFT 1963 MAY - AL ECKSTRAND, WINTERNATIONALS
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) WINTERNATIONAL DRAGS--Here's a direct report on all the BIG action at the Big Go West
2) SHOWTIME U.S.A.--The Big Show West shares no spotlight; this was the apex of exhibitions
3) WINTERNATIONALS MODEL SHOW--Run in conjunction with NHRA's Big Show, fine models were in Wee Show West
4) ALL THE WAY, THIS TIME--Tom Holden's second appearance in Car Craft within a year; the bow is a WOW!
5) TO SEE AND BE SEEN--Headlights offer unlimited customizing possibilities
6) T FOR TOURING--"When ya gotta go, why not go in comfort and style with a blown, Gimmy"T'' like Gene Fisher's?
7) HERE'S HOW: FAKE KNOCK-OFFS--One of the hottest items in accessory Icear for wheels
8) SULTRY CHEV--Jim Clark's sweet custom '60 Chevy
9) RESTYLING FROM MILD TO WILD: Studebaker's hot Avanti presents a grand touring challenge
10) BLOWN BSA: Dave Harrar's bike is set for the drags
11) DOWN WITH OLD FORDS!--Ken Costello's '39 coupe that's been dropped every way under the sun
12) SUPER STOCKS--What makes Al Eckstrand's Stockers tick
13) MIGHTY (NICE) MICRO--Tricks for the track result in an all new cycle-powered, midget racing car
14) HERE'S HOW: CUT IT SHORT!--Shortening driveshafts and torque tubes for early Ford products
15) DON'T BREAK UP!--Here's protection against destructive forces imposed on long-stroke cranks
16) Tech questions & answers
Plus other cool hot rodding/custom car items.
COVER: Typifying the excitement and glamour of the Winternationals Week, the wrapper for May displays a bit of the action of NHRA's Big Go West at the Pomona drag alley and a closeup in the foreground of one of the beautiful rods of the Big Show West. Both the display at L.A.'s Great Western Exhibit grounds and the acceleration picnic at the Fairgrounds were heavily attended during the Feburary festivities.