CAR & DRIVER 1961 APR - FIRST C&D, BIRDCAGE, BUGEYE
This hard to find magazine is the first Car & Driver printed, having just changed names from Sports Cars Illustrated. This issue is Vol. 6, No. 10.
The cover picture is of a Birdcage Maserati at Thompson Raceway.
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) Auto news from around the world
2) Testing the Birdcage Maserati Type 61 with a cutaway drawing
3) The Fifth Annual International Automobile Show--New York
4) Tech Questions & Answers
5) Racing cycle engines
6) Meet Rudolf Uhlenhaut
7) Inside Turin's new Motor Museum
8) The Chevy single seat racers CERV-1 & Sadler with cutaway drawings
9) Letters to the Editor
10) Recalling the Cisitalia/Porsche Type 360 4-wheel drive GP car
11) Testing the Citroen station wagon
12) Testing the Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite with cutaways
13) Meet Bill Krause
14) Checking out the Begra sports car
15) Comp-tuning an A.C. Bristol
16) Testing the Corvair Monza
Plus other sports car related topics.