CAR & DRIVER 2006 AUG - Z4 vs. CAYMAN S, MURCIELAGO
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) BMW Z4 M coupe vs. Porsche Cayman S
2) CONVERTIBLE CURRENCY: BMW 650i vs. Cadillac XLR-V vs. Jaguar XK vs. Mercedes-Benz SL550 vs. Porsche 911 Carrera
3) CONVERTIBLE CURRENCY, PART 2: Recycling a 1971 280SL at 2006 prices
4) PONTIAC G6 GTP CONVERTIBLE: High on style, this real smoothie comes with a right-on price
5) 2008 AUDI TT: Less charming, but more grown up
6) MERCEDES-BENZ E-CLASS: Like rust one-upmanship never sleeps
7) LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP640: We test-drive Lamborghini's new $320,000 superwedge, and a while later, one of their guys crash-tests it
8) TAKES LEXUS RX3S0: To supple and silky they've added swift
9) MAZDA MX-S SPORT AUTOMATIC: Heresy need not slow you down too much
10) SAAB 9-3 AERO SPORTCOMBI: Whatever happened to that old black magic?
11) LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE: Impressive in an unexpected way
12) LONG-TERM TEST: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5GT LIMITED--In which we turn out to be the major problem
13) THE HOMEMADES: Yes, you can build a sports car for just a few grand
14) SAIL TO THE U.S.A. IN A CHEVROLET: How Luis Grass turned some very old Detroit iron into a seagoing escape vehicle. Twice.
15) 2006 CANNONBALL ONE LAP OF AMERICA: Major heat fails to unseat a cool customer
Plus other sweet automobile items.