CAR & DRIVER 2006 SEPT - Z06 vs 911-T vs F430, GT500
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) THE SPORTS-CAR WORLD CUP: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. Ferrari F430 vs. Porsche 911 Turbo
2) AUDI RS 4 QUATTRO: The mid-size sports-sedan wars get kicked up a notch
3) JEEP COMPASS LIMITED 4X4: Less GI Joe than Joe Average
4) BMW 330d: Here's the diesel of your dreams-too bad it's not sold here
5) 2009 ALFA ROMEO BRERA Q4: Well, the swallows come back to Capistrano, and so do the rumors of Alfa's return to the U.S.
6) MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER: A Lancer-based crossover may help this maker cross over to prosperity
7) FORD SHELBY GT500 CONVERTIBLE: A fulfillment of diminished expectations
8) BMW 32Sxi SPORTS WAGON: Tightly wrapped and tautly muscled, one model only
9) CADILLAC DTS: The last stalwart at Cadillac gets a sportier shape
10) LEXUS ES3S0: Lexus plays it safe with its replacement for the ?5330
11) VOLVO C70 TS: A steel-top convertible comes in at a better price than the old flappy-top
12) 10BEST READERS' CONTEST!
13) THE BEAST OF TURIN: For about four million bucks, a famed Italian design studio turns out a one-of-a-kind super-Enzo
14) RUNNING WITH THE JAMES-YOUNGER GANG: We put a Shelby GT500 convertible on the trail of the bloody Northfield, Minnesota, raid
15) FORD FRANKENSTEIN: As usual, beer does its part in creating a monster Ford Five Hundred GT-R on a small college campus
16) TECH STUFF--THE RACELOGIC DRIFTBOX: May we say it's the hottest package to come out of England since Keira Knightley?
17) LONG-TERM TEST: AUDI A6 3.2 QUATTRO--The A6 proved to be a few options short of greatness
18) SPORT: RENAISSANCE MAN: In 37 years, Elliott Forbes-Robinson has proved himself an immensely talented artist behind the wheel of any race car
19) UPFRONT: Most-stolen list, gray-market Benz snafu, the 'i' car
Plus other sweet automobile items.