HOT ROD 1980 JAN - NOMAD SPECIAL, RAT BUILD-UP
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1. 1980 HOT ROD NATIONALS ENTRY FORM: Join us in Columbus. Ohio, June 13-15
2. THUNDEROUS 'BIRD: Rick King's blown big-block Chevy-powered '55 T-bird
3. HOT ROD HERITAGE: C.J. HART 30 years ago, he invented the drag strip
4. THE CHEVY NOMAD: History of the world's greatest station wagon
5. CHEVY NOMAD PICTORIAL: Three pages of the world's wildest wagons
6. ROD TEST: JIM MATHIS' BANTAM ROADSTER: Latest contender for "Woodward Avenue Eliminator"
7. CHEVY BIG-BLOCK PERFORMANCE BUILDUP: How C.J. Baker gets a reliable 650 hp from his 427 Chevy
8. GO 'MAD: Dave Lindemuth's blown 327-powered Nomad
9. LO 'MAD: Jim Martin's bad 'Mad is only 50 inches tall
10. SHOP SERIES: HOT ROD MATH Mathematics for the car enthusiast
11. PROJECT MUSTANG PART 8: DRAG TEST: Final report: Last minute details and track test
12. COMPLETE ENGINE-SWAPPING GUIDE: Choice cuts of swap meat for home-built haulers
13. SPACE-AGE STRIP BLAZER T.V. : Tommy lvo's fire-breathing jet dragster
14. BONNEVILLE '79: THE GREAT WHITE HOPE: Hope springs eternal, especially during Speed Week
15. BACK TO BASICS: VALVE LASH ADJUSTMENT: How to set valve lash with the engine cold and stopped
16. THE REDCOAT IS COMING Dave Carothers' red '49 Thames panel is a real rebel
17. BIKE TEST: YAMAHA'S XS11: The mid-range king may make downshifting obsolete
Plus other great hot rod, racing or how-to items.
COVER: This month we salute the Chevy Nomad-world's wildest wagon. Dave Lindemuth's screaming yellow '55 (top), complete with blown 327, graces both cover and centerspread this month.
The complete lowdown on Jim Martin's chopped '56 (lower left) begins on page 50. And Stephen Carreras' blood red '57 is just one of many fine 'Mads gracing our pictorial section (page 30) that follows Bruce Caldwell's Nomad history (page 25).