HOT ROD 1984 OCT - '85 PERFORMANCE, LIFE WITH SMOG
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) OUTLAW HOT RODDING? An analysis of the federal I/M smog check program and its impact on modified cars in this country
B) What is smog?
C) Tale of a test
D) What & when?
E) Why I/M?
F) I/M in your state
G) The politics of clean air
H) Plan B: limited-use registration
I) Hot rodding: some inevitable changes
J) I/M in California
2) HOT ROD '84 SUPERNATIONALS: HOT ROD's new brew mixed old with new
3) $3500 13-SECOND STREET MACHINE: HOT ROD Builds a junkyard dog
4) '85 PERFORMANCE CARS: Power Curve: Detroit hits high gear in the horsepower race
5) 100-PLUS HOT NEW PARTS: Sneak Preview: performance is alive in '85
6) AERO CAMARO How to build a contemporary street machine-part 3: the drivetrain
7) '33 WILLYS: Bob Rothenberg's masterful mix of resto, rod, and custom is "R Rite"
8) '70 DUSTER: Louie Trench's "Barbarian" was built by brute instinct
9) MOTORCYCLE PIPES: How to bolt-on power, styling, and sound
10) PIT STOP: Balancing engines, setting up 6-71 Blowers, and alcohol injection vs. piston life
Plus other great hot rod, racing or how-to items.