HOT ROD 1984 SEPT - TURBO EXP/SUNBIRD/COLT SHOOTOUT
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) The T-Bird Is Back And it's the best thing out of Dearborn in a long, long time
2) Aero Camaro Part 2: How to build a contemporary street machine
3) EXP/Sunbird/Colt: Mini turbo road test: Three hot dogs to go, please
4) Predator Camaro: How many times have you heard. . . you don't race dynos?
5) Finishing Touches: This '29 Tudor took a little more than paint and chrome
6) Tiger Beat: The gr-rrreat 1984 GTO Convention in Kalamazoo, Michigan
7) Something Olds, Something New: Allan Patterson's new SS/GTC '84 aids
8) Humpback: Tom Duncan's daily driver is a dump-front, hump-trunk '38 Ford
9) Chevy Street Manifold Comparison: HOT ROD takes the guesswork out of manifold selection
10) Deceiver: What's real in rodding, anyway?
11) The Low-Buck Special Part 2: Bringing an old altered back to life
12) Knock It Off: Lil' John Buttera's new knock-off hub adapter kit
13) HOT ROD's Hot Rods PART 2: On the sand, salt, streets, strips, and the sea
14) Scosh O'Nova: No knucking this north-of-the-border neat machine
15) Up on Two Wheels: Speed school-you're a better rider in just one day
Plus other great hot rod, racing or how-to items.
Cover: Bruce Frybarger's IMSA racer, The Scribner Bros. Pro Stock, Fat Jack's black street cruiser, and Fred Stebbins' gennie '55 herald the T-Bird's return to rod ding in a photo coordinated by Pat Ganahl and shot by Matt Keefe. The "backside" (see above) of our cover photo shows that sometimes reality needs a helping hand.