HOT ROD 2000 AUG - BLOWN HEMI, STRAIGHT AXLE CREW
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) The El Monte Air Force: Everything old is new again... once in a while.
2) Kilgore Was Here: A new approach to rating transmission efficiency.
3) Over and Under: Installing a junkyard 200-4R in a two-speed Buick.
4) Open Wide: Bigger heads, induction upgrade, more forced air.
5) Mofo Malibu: Looks like mama, bur it's hung like papa
6) Straight Ahead: Curry's furry '57.
7) Overkill: Streetable supercharged Hemi EFI nitrous Belvedere... ouch
8) Antidote: Got SUV-itis? Visit the space, grace, and pace of the Vista Cruiser.
9) Escape Velocity: A '39 Ford Deluksh that'll leave you thirshry for more... shorry, am I shlurring?
10) Million Cam Man: The V-Fabulous Bruce Crower: Part two.
11) Montgomery's Mixed Signals: Is nitrous dead, doomed, or dormant?
12) The Fordgatherers: Bill and Mike La Rosa know no others.
13) Lobodtomad: Surgically altering Chevy's concept classic.
Plus other great hot rod, racing or how-to items.
COVER: We sent your Old Dad through the time warp again, this time in misty Medford, Oregon. Is that straight axle five-seven on the cover a flashback, or what? It isn't the beginning of a trend, either. It's simply one man's illustration of a hot rod in the best sense of the word. Burnout by Baskerville.