HOT ROD 2000 FEB - DRAG RACING, HOT 460, JUNGLE JIM
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) How to Drag Race
2) Sorry? Better to Be Safe: Fifteen sure-fire ways to fail tech inspection
3) Draggin' to the Drags: Pro tips on how to keep the shiny side up
4) Late-Model Drag tips: ET help for EFI muscle
5) Dragstrip Dyno: A time-honored, non-mechanical method of calculating horsepower
6) Stroke in the Desert: The reality and rebirth of a third-gen F-body
7) Head Full of Steam: Our enigmatic Mustang realizes a 100hp increase at the wheels
8) The Ford From Hell: Pump-gas 460: 570hp/570Ib-ft for $5,200
9) Suck-Cess: Make more power with vacuum in the crankcase
10) Poncho-Powered Poncho: A 9-second answer to that eternal question... what if?
11) Power Tour East Sequel to the "People's Tour"
12) Good Night, Celestial One: Part 2 Jungle, Pam, and the power of nitro
13) NMCA Finals: Commerce, GA Competence versus the wave of the future
Plus other great hot rod, racing or how-to items.
ON THE COVER: Don't look now, but the racing season is hard upon us. Are you ready to red-light after your long winter's nap? To brush up on the basics, see page 59. See you at the drags. Image of Doug Hite's GTO Judge NMCA Real Street racer by Scoll Killeen.