MUSCLE MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS 2002 DEC - SCOTT HOAG
Within this magazine, you will discover the following topics:
1) GOING THROUGH CHANGES...Whether it is rolling down the road or resting at a race shop, James Sandkuhl's Mustang is always a work in progress
2) A BANSHEE IN BLUE...Fat rubber, a blown V8 and a really cool trailer: This Super Coupe does a super job of cleaning house against some very stiff competition
3) POWER ADE...Jason Ade's '87 LX does more with less
4) BAD AND BLACK...J.R. Heuring's Hot Street LX is crafted like art, but with the power and punch of a Brahma bull
5) SPORT COMPACT SLAUGHTER...The V6 Mustangs have found their niche in the sport compact market, but musclecar owners better be on the lookout
6) MMFF INTERVIEW: TEAM MUSTANG'S SCOTT HOAG We talk to the man in charge of customizing the Mustang into the Bullitt, the new Mach 1, and future special models to come
7) SUMMERTIME SPEEDFEST...Fast and furious Fords take over Norwalk Raceway Park at the 12th Annual Buckeye State Fun Ford Weekend
8) STORMING THE STREETS OF NORWALK...A whopping 107 bad-to-the-bone MM&FF/Edelbrock True Street cars showed up to flex their muscles at the 12th Annual Buckeye State Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio
9) GET INTO THE GROVE...After 18 years running, the NMRA Ford Motorsport Nationals is still one of the premier Ford-only events
10) CANUCKSTANGS...How about a Canadian Mustang show, eh?
11) HIGH COUNTRY HORSEPOWER HAPPENING Scenes from Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup 14
12) CAM SELECTION-THE REAL STORY Off the shelf cams may work but the real power is in an optimally specced custom cam
13) LOW-BUCK OFFICE UPGRADE...We revitalize the interior of our '87 LX project car without breaking the bank
14) FOR SAFETY'S SAKE...Racers love overkill when it comes to performance parts. Why not apply the same concept to safety equipment?
15) HAPPINESS IS SPELLED H.O...Installing and testing Vortech's charge-cooled V10
16) VISUAL ENHANCEMENTS...Are the stock gauges putting you to sleep? If so, the simple answer may be an Auto Meter Lunar Series gauge setup
17) OFFICIAL MUSTANG MAULER...Project ZX3-GT runs 13s
18) MOVING AIR...Finding 55 rear-wheel horsepower for the 2003 SVT Cobra is easy with a high-flow exhaust system
19) ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL THROTTLE BODY...Bottom-end performance and economy? Or top end power? No more tradeoffs thanks to Ground Pounder Performance Products' multi-venturi electronic throttle body
20) ZAPPED!...Get a high amp multi-spark ignition for real modular motor power
ON THE COVER: Is it blue? Is it green? It's James Sandkuhl's flamed, freaky GT [photo by Peter S. Linney, who also shot the newstand inset photo of Brandy Flores.) VB Shootout photo by Steve Baur.
We love the ladies at MM&FF and Erica Lugo's two-tone turbo notch is our cover car (photo by Evan J. Smith). Associate editor Steve Baur shot the '85 GT inset photo.
Plus other hot Ford items.
Warning: This issue has been known to have 2 covers. One with a bikini girl and one without. Your issue may not match the photo.
Please Note: This is a large size magazine.