SPORTS CAR ILLUSTRATED 1956 AUG - D-500, PEBBLE BEACH, D-TYPE, MARK IX, ACE
This title became Car & Driver in 1961 and is Vol. 2, No. 2. Within you will discover the following topics:
1) Ken Swanson hops up an Austin-Healey 100 engine with GM parts
2) Testing the sweet AC Ace
3) Building an autobahn police 356A Porsche
4) A study of the chain-drive Frazer-Nash from the '30s
5) The MMG Car Club of America & their English Trials off-road "Bash"
6) Roger Huntington and the science of supercharging--Part 1
7) Carroll Shelby, Phil Hill, Ernie McAfee & the races at Pebble Beach
8) A detailed study of the Lotus Mark IX & a cut-away drawing
9) Admiring the Larry Frazier LMF R-2 sportscar
10) Testing the new Jaguar D-Type
11) Indy 500 & the new Novi
12) Testing the new Dodge D-500
13) A cool chart comparing SAE, Metric & Whitworth wrench sizes
Plus other sportscar, racing or product news.