SPORTS CARS ILLUSTRATED 1957 AUG - PORTAGO, VETTE SS
This hard to find magazine became Car & Driver in 1961 and is Vol.3, No. 2.
The cover picture is of the Corvettes SR-2, SS & a standard hardtop.
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) A tribute to Alfonso Cabeza de Vacay Leighton "Portago"
2) Testing the Lancia 2500 "America"
3) Checking out the Ford Zephyr/Ray Mays converted
4) Tech Questions & Answers
5) The horsepower wars--carbs & F.I.
6) Piero Taruffi & the Mille Miglia
7) Recalling the Bud Hand Special
8) A technical report on the Corvette SS & a cutaway drawing
9) Letters to the Editor
10) Testing the Plymouth Fury hardtop coupe
11) Donald Healey & his quest for 300mph
12) Andy Anderson's drag racing Jaguar coupe
13) Testing the Morris Minor 1000
Plus other sports car related topics.