SPORTS CARS ILLUSTRATED 1959 AUG - 300E, CUNNINGHAM
This hard to find magazine became Car & Driver in 1961 and is listed as Vol. 5, No. 14. Somehow SCI got their numbering system off because this issue is actually Vol. 5, No. 2. It took them almost a year to catch their mistake.
The cover picture is of a lovely Austin-Healey 3000.
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) The drama of the '39 Tripoli Grand Prix
2) Checking out the Mercedes-Benz W165
3) Testing the Chrysler 300E
4) The latest in racing brake science (Part 2)
5) Letters to the Editor
6) Recalling the SKODA racing sports car
7) Testing the Renault Caravelle
8) Cunninghams at LeMans
9) Tech Questions & Answers
10) Testing the NSU Prinz
11) Testing the BMW 600
12) Fondly recalling the Borgward RS with cutaway drawing
13) The Grand Prix of Monaco
14) Testing the Singer Gazelle Series III convertible
15) Testing the Austin-Healey 3000
16) Checking out the AC/Bristol
17) Argentina Grand Prix Racing (Part 1)
18) Checking out the Webb Durlite Spyder
Plus other sports car related topics.