SPORTS CARS ILLUSTRATED 1959 JAN - FIREBIRD, 315/348
This hard to find magazine became Car & Driver in 1961 and is listed as Vol. 5, No. 7. Somehow SCI got their numbering system off because this issue is actually Vol. 4, No. 7. It took them almost a year to catch their mistake.
The cover picture is of Mike Hawthorn.
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) A tribute to Mike Hawthorn
2) Tech Questions & Answers
3) The Grand Prix of Morocco
4) Testing the Fiat 1200 TV roadster
5) Letters to the Editor
6) Testing the Chevy 315hp 348
7) Checking out the new Meadowdale Raceway
8) Examining the Pontiac Firebird concept car with cutaway drawing
9) The U.S. Grand Prix--Riverside
10) Testing the Auto Union 1000
11) The Italian Grand Prix--Monza
12) Wilbur Gunn & the Lagonda
Plus other sports car related topics.