SPORTS CARS ILLUSTRATED 1959 JUNE - SEBRING, SPRITES
This hard to find magazine became Car & Driver in 1961 and is listed as Vol. 5, No. 12. Somehow SCI got their numbering system off because this issue is actually Vol. 4, No. 12. It took them almost a year to catch their mistake.
The cover picture is of night pit stop at Sebring.
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) The '59 Florida Grand Prix--Sebring
2) The Super Sprites at Sebring
3) Behind the scenes at Sebring
4) Tech Questions & Answers
5) The spectators at Sebring
6) Testing the Studebaker Lark
7) Auto racing in the USSR
8) Checking out the Scarab Chevy V-8 mill
9) Letters to the Editor
10) Building a competition MGA Twin-Cam with cutaway drawing
11) Testing the Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider & sedan
12) Testing the Lancia Appia
13) The Pomona Grand Prix
14) How to race a MGA Twin-Cam
15) Testing the Simca Vedette
16) The science of ducted cooling
17) The Brooklands 500--1929-'37
18) Checking out the Aston Martin Grand Prix car
Plus other sports car related topics.