SPORTS CARS ILLUSTRATED 1959 MAR - VETTES, SADLER
This hard to find magazine became Car & Driver in 1961 and is listed as Vol. 5, No. 9. Somehow SCI got their numbering system off because this issue is actually Vol. 4, No. 9. It took them almost a year to catch their mistake.
The cover pictures are of Vette powered Sadler Mk 2 & Scarab with a '57 Vette.
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) A tribute to the Chevrolet Brothers
2) Testing the '59 Corvette 283 FI
3) Checking out the Bill Mitchell custom Corvette
4) The Nassau Speed Week
5) Letters to the Editor
6) How to super tune a Vette for more horsepower (Part 1)
7) A tech report on the Sadler Mk. 3 with cutaway drawing
8) Testing the Lister-Chevrolet
9) Tech Questions & Answers
10) Giving a tired MG TD a Vette engine
11) A Chevy powered '51 Vignale Ferrari
12) A Jaguar D Type gets Vette power
13) Sebring, past, present & future
Plus other sports car related topics.