STOCK CAR RACING 1977 JAN - PETTY, COO COO, MINIS, CALE
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) A RHUBARB GROWS IN WISCONSIN - Bob Stroud came down hard on Butch Hartman's few inches of excess rear spoiler & Butch came down on USAC.
2) THE PONY CAR INVASION - It's becoming so easy to forget full-sized stock cars on the USAC circuit when the small cars work so well.
3) THE VOLUNTEER 400 - No surprises here. Cale Yarborough came, he qualified and he won another GN short-tracker. About as expected.
4) THE SOUTHERN 500 - David Pearson had never won it; when he did and it completed Ground National racing's Triple Crown, Pearson wanted to know how much it paid.
5) THE SPRINGFIELD DIRT - If anyone tells you dirt is no good for big-league racing, the USAC regulars will put him down, but fast.
6) SHORT-TRACK HOT SPOT - Perhaps surprising to most experts, but the best short-track Grand National action in 1976 has been at Richmond.
7) BAY'S BACK AGAIN - And he didn't wait quite as long for his second USAC stocker win as he did for his first.
8) THE DAY OF THE MINI STOCKER - The day of the bug. The day of the cement bag. The day of the big littles.
9) Meet Salt Walters
10) OSWEGO - That one word tells it all. It's that time of the year for the famous/infamous International extravaganza.
11) UNIROYAL ARCA 250 - ARCA came to Nashville for one of their biggest race dates of the year and a NASCAR guy stole the laurels. What's so odd about that?
12) ASA AT SALEM & ANDERSON - The little guy sanctioning body gains on ARCA in strength and dates and USAC had better begin worrying as well.
13) CHUCK BOWN GETS #1 - Chuck gets his first win while his father-in-law gets his worst-ever accident. Both are recovering well.
14) WALTER MITTY'S RACER - You put in your two bits and you're suddenly Richard Petty.
15) THE JONES BOYS - If your name is Jones, and if your name is Jones, this must be northern Florida.
16) MULTI-MANIFOLD - Think you need another manifold for a different track application? Maybe all you need is a different insert in an Offy.
Plus other hot racing items.