STOCK CAR RACING 1978 SEPT - ALLISON, TOBIAS, SOMMERS
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) TOBY TOBIAS - One of the biggest and best is gone as a result of a tragic wreck. He was a special man to many people.
2) THE FUTURE OF SHORT TRACK RACING IN AMERICA - An in-depth investigation of where the sport is going and why.
3) WHERE'S BUTCH? - Harry Cooper goes looking for Butch Hartman and finds him waiting for his father.
4) FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM AND BACK ON TOP AGAIN - Bobby Allison has been up and down. He talks about how it all feels.
5) THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE MUDDY - Mike Arthur got some of the most incredible dirt track pictures ever at Aspot.
6) SAM SOMMERS - Pat Howell tells about the man who has done everything on the short tracks, had the big GN break, b6t went back to the short tracks.
7) CALE FOLD OUT - Color pull-out of the two time (maybe going on three) NASCAR GN champion.
8) WHAT IF BENNY HAS TO QUIT? - Benny says that his career in the driver's seat may be cut shorter than anyone imagines.
9) AROUND INDY - From the Snake Pit to the Fairgrounds, there's more going on at Indy than meets the eye.
10) THE FASTEST MILE - From the first race on, drivers have expressed their respect for the Dover Mile. Here, they say why.
11) WORLD 600 AT CHARLOTTE - What it was like to win the second biggest of the year - from the point of view of the car.
12) NAPA 400 - It took Benny nine years of trying but he finally won on the exciting road coarse.
13) THE INDIANAPOLIS 500 - The biggest race in the world.
14) FIRESUITS - Paul Allen does the number on firesuits by looking at style, use, efficiency and cost.
15) RACING'S USE OF FUEL - The sport consumes less than expected. Here's the stuff for an argument.
16) A SCHOOL FOR RACE DRIVERS - Sports car people have lots of schools but the Duke's got the only one for oval racers.
Plus other hot racing items.