STOCK CAR RACING 1979 AUG - Jr JOHNSON, DALE EARNHARDT
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) FAIL SAFE KILL SWITCH - Stuck throttles are one of the most dangerous parts of racing. Here's a solution.
2) POWER STEERING - Sprints and mods are going directly to power. Here's the tech on how it works best.
3) CAGLE ON THE BEAM-Radius rods on straight axle front ends have for years been a black box mystery but no longer.
4) COON HUNTIN' WITH JR. JOHNSON - Sandra McKee went out at night with the flashlights and dogs guided by the last American hero.
5) STOCK CAR RACING IN JAPAN - Harry Dunn has moved to the other side of the world but continues to contribute great stuff.
6) DALE EARNHARDT - Bob Myers profiles the young star many think will make it to the top five permanently.
7) MEXICAN ROAD RACE 2- The final installment of this incredible story by Joe Scalzo.
8) DAVE KELLY - Randy Kane writes his first piece for SCR. It's about a driver with ultimate determination who made it.
9) FIRST TIME RACER - Everyone hates him. He doesn't know a thing. But he's every driver at one time.
10) RACING FEVER - A diagnostic article by Dr. Busby analyzes what people have thought for a long time - stock car people are sick.
11) MILWAUKEE - The most important ASA race of the year is Milwaukee and Dick Trickle beat 'em all with one jack for 3 tires.
12) WINSTON 500 - Talladega is full of surprises and the 1979 Winston 500 held consistent with the track's past history.
Plus other hot racing items.