HOT ROD 1978 JAN - SMOKEY'S BUICK, SHIRLEY'S T/F RAIL
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) THE NOSIEST ROD IN TOWN: Jim Jacobs' NieKamp roadster is a classic of its kind
2) PIECING TOGETHER THE LUV TRUCK: Part 2 of the buildup involves fiberglass parts
3) THE HOT ROD STORY: Take a trip through the past and remember when
4) BRACKET RACING AMERICA: Check out the tracks in California, Oregon and Washington
5) CARY WEISNER'S IMMACULATE '56 CHEVY: This piece of perfection is enough to make a believer out of anyone
6) THE HITCHCOCK BROTHERS' '33 SEDAN DELIVERY: This Street Rod Nats winner is something to see
7) A CANDY-COATED '56 CHEVY SEDAN DELIVERY: Richard Russell's Kansas-based beauty is a delectable morsel
8) PICKUP WITH FLARE: Dennis Crispin's Springfield Ohio-based "Li'l Hustler"
9) BOBBY RODRIGUEZ'S 1928 MODEL A: This award-winning rod is a real survivor
10) MULDOWNEY'S TOP FUELER CUTAWAY: Get inside the fastest dragster in the world today
11) THE WINSTON WORLD FINALS: This time it was the world champs who got whupped
12) TUFF ENOUGH: Jack and Peggy Pieknik's '34 Vicky
13) TRIPLE THREAT RETURNS-PART 4: Bolt-on tune-up equipment makes all the difference
14) ROAD-TESTING THE DATSUN 510: What it lacks in muscle, it makes up in magic
15) DAVE ROENL'S '33 FORD COUPE: Check out this almost-perfect 45-year-old body
16) HISTORY'S QUICKEST AND FASTEST MODEL T: Its name is Super Nanook and Jim Perkins was its lucky winner
17) THE TURN OF THE CENTURY: Smokey's development of the 355-hp Buick V6
18) FAT TIRE GUIDE: Everything you need to know to roll in style
19) SUZUKI'S GS750 FOUR: The quickest, quietest, smoothest bike in its class
20) TECH QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
21) READER'S RIDES
Plus other hot topics.
COVER: Smokey Yunick's incredible 355-hp NASCAR-style Buick V6 engine heralds a new era in automotive power and performance.
PAGE 32: For more fun photos from the past, be sure to check out Part 1 of the HOT ROD story.